13 April, 2008

Yard: Acomplished!

SO, for a long time now, we have been meaning to do something about our back fence. There is a tree that grew straight through it all kind of huge rose bushes that have been around long enough to intertwine with the fence and then continue growing out, leaving brush behind. Also I have been threatening for a year to get outside and separate the daffodils so they could bloom. Well, a harebrained idea I had to plant some flowers turned into yard makeover day. well . two days to be exact.

We ended up removing all the small bushes and trees from the fence (and marking the biggest tree for a upcoming meeting with its executioner), removing said plant parts, raking leaves I've been avoiding since last year, clearing the grass out from the park trail behind our fence, separating four small patches of daffodils into (I'm guesstimating) somewhere around 100 bubs, re-planting them, and finally planting the things that originally led us into this fiasco. Also I saw a gynormous wolf spider for the first time which was a little scary, but not as bad as the fronky lizards who live in the shed -to their credit they stayed out of sight during this project. It seems they learned their lesson that time we were emptying out the shed.

Now it is all done, and we're super excited that we won't have to this stuff anywhere in the near future again. I wish I had been thinking to get the before pics, it didn't occur to me to blog about it until we were well into it. And I tried to take a picture of the big scary wolf spider, but he took a hike while I was getting the camera. I did however take some "after" pics today so everyone can see.

No comments: